AKA "EVO" Slicks 2.4" Rear Buggy Pre-Mounted Tires (2) (White) (Clay) w/12mm Hex
AKA EVO Slicks are a treadless tire designed for maximum performance on high-grip, indoor clay tracks. They are available in Clay Compound only. As with all AKA tires, the EVO Slicks are designed and made with pride in the USA. These have been pre-mounted on white EVO 1/10 buggy rear wheels.
- EVO Bead: The EVO bead design uses an 1/8 scale style L-shaped bead mount. This allows the user to glue the tire to the wheel more effectively, creating a much stronger glue bond.
- EVO Wheel: The EVO wheel has been redesigned to be stronger and stiffer. The EVO wheel features pre-punched vent holes in the wheel, combined with the L-shape bead that makes tire mounting much easier by giving you a wider and easily accessible gluing surface to ensure a strong bond between the tire and wheel.
- Red Insert (Soft): The red insert is designed to soak up the big bumps with its fluted I.D. while still holding its shape in the turns to increase corner speed and consistency.
- Tread Performance: Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and team drivers to ensure the best performance before each tire goes into production.
- Lifespan: The long life of the AKA tires is due to the collective decades of rubber compound development Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for developing some of the most successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
- Balance: Like AKA inserts and wheels, tire balance is critical to superior performance and it's a priority in AKA tires. Mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to ensure the best possible alignment of all the mold components. This results in a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
- Mold Accuracy: AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.